ETERNAL JUSTIFICATION

 

How sweet and blessed is the time

With Christ within this place

When everlasting love reveals

The treasures of His grace.


While all our hearts and all our songs

Join to enjoy the feast

Each of us ask, with thankful hearts

Lord why am I a guest?


Why was I made to hear Thy voice

And come before Thy throne

While others make a wretched choice

And rather starve than come?


‘Twas the same love that spread the feast

That sweetly called us in

Else we would still refuse to taste

And perish in our sins.


We now desire to bless Thy Name

 And in our hearts record

And with our thankful tongues proclaim

The goodness of the Lord!

 


-old Gospel hymn, “Am I a Soldier of the Cross?”

 

 

=================

 

 

Why I Believe In Eternal Justification

 

Eternal justification means the elect have always, eternally been justified before God.  Why do I believe this?  Because Scripture teaches that all we savingly possess was given us in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world (II Timothy 1:9).  God is eternal and all of His works are eternal.  “All the works were finished from the foundation of the world” (Hebrews 4:3).  

 

 As Christ is, “The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world” (Revelation 13:8), the accomplishments of His death were accomplished before the foundation of the world, including the justification of those He died for.  To deny this is to deny what justification is.  If a human judge saw one as guilty and yet justified them, he would be an unjust judge.  God said, “I will by no means clear the guilty” (Exodus 34:7). 

 

The elect have never been guilty before God because they have always been in Christ.  It would be a wicked act of presumption for me to have hope that I am justified before God if I have not believed the Gospel!  But justification was not given to me when I believed.  It was given to me before the foundation of the world. To deny this is to deny what justification is, and it denies the immutability of God.

 

-Unknown preacher of righteousness 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 19 October, 2025 A.D.

THE GREAT TRUMPET BLAST ~ The Joyful Sound!

JOYFUL TRUTH TO MISERABLE SINNERS ~ Take Heart, Friends