A Legal Standing?

 

O, Lamb of God, still keep me

Near to Thy wounded side

Tis only there in safety 

And peace I can abide.

What foes and snares surround me!

What lusts and fears within!

The grace that sought and found me

Alone can keep me clean.


‘Tis only in Thee hiding

I know my life secure

Only in Thee abiding

I steadfast shall endure.

Thine arm the victory gaineth

O’er every hurtful foe

The love my heart sustaineth

In all its care and woe.  


Soon shall my eyes behold Thee

With rapture, face to face

The half hath not been told me

Of all Thy power and grace.

Thy beauty, Lord, and glory

The wonders of Thy love

Shall be the endless story

Of all Thy saints above.


-Gospel hymn, “The Church’s One Foundation”

 

 

-------0------- 

 

 

“The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.”   -Proverbs 15:14 [KJV]



-------0-------  

 


A LEGAL STANDING?

 

I have often heard justification described as a legal standing before God.  I have even heard it described as a forensic term.  While there is an element of truth in that, justification is far greater!  If I am justified before God, I have never sinned!  I have kept God’s law perfectly!  I have pleased God perfectly.  The reason righteousness is imputed to me is I have been made the righteousness of God in Him.   

 

To call justification merely a forensic term and a legal standing before God diminishes the glory of it.  When I was married there was a document signed that made our marriage legal, but the marriage is infinitely more than being legally married.  To call justification a legal standing in a measure removes Christ, and makes justification a doctrine rather than a Person. 

 

-copied 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 19 October, 2025 A.D.

THE GREAT TRUMPET BLAST ~ The Joyful Sound!

JOYFUL TRUTH TO MISERABLE SINNERS ~ Take Heart, Friends