THE TIME IS SHORT

 

The time is short! – the season near,

When death will us remove;

To leave our friends, however dear,

And all we fondly love!

 

The time is short! – sinners, beware,

Nor trifle time away;

The Word of great salvation hear,

While it is called today.

 

The time is short! – ye rebels, now

To Christ the Lord submit;

To mercy’s golden sceptre bow,

And fall at Jesus’ feet.

 

The time is short! – ye saints rejoice,

The Lord will quickly come:

Soon ye shall hear the Bridegroom’s voice,

To call your spirits home.

 

The time is short! – it swiftly flies,

The hour is just at hand,

When we shall mount above the skies,

And reach Emmanuel’s land.

 

 Tune:  “Amazing Grace” CM Words by Robert Murray McCheyne


-------O-------


     “Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.  Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know wisdom.  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.  Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice.  Hide Thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.” 

 

 -Psalm 51:5-9 [KJV]

 

-------O-------

 

 

PERFECTED BY ONE OFFERING

 

     "The longer I live, the more I feel that if there were one thing left undone, if the devil were not conquered, sin not expiated, justice not satisfied, the law not honored and magnified, death not overcome, and every burden carried away, I should not have a ray of hope.  I used to think I saw this as clear as the noonday, thirty or forty years ago; but I saw it very differently then to what I see now; for I see and feel now that if one hair-breath is left for me to do to merit heaven, or bring as a plea before God, I am undone for ever and ever.  

 

But on the Mount of Calvary, the Lord Jesus Christ undertook the cause of His people; and there is not a jot nor a tittle that He left undone, but “By one offering He perfected for ever them that are sanctified” (Hebrews 10:14).  “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit” (Romans 8:1).  Here is complete salvation. “Saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation” (Isaiah 45:17).  

 

             

-preacher John Warburton, 1853 A.D.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 19 October, 2025 A.D.

Light Rising in the Darkness: Take Heart, friends...

THE GREAT TRUMPET BLAST ~ The Joyful Sound!