WHAT GOD HAS SAID TO US IN HIS WORD

“Whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.”


What is it to call on the Name of the Lord?  It is to call on the Lord Jesus Christ for all of our salvation, start to finish!  “Call His Name Jesus: for HE shall save His people from their sins”
(Matthew 1:21).
 

To call upon Him for salvation is to call upon HIM and NOT my religion.  It is to call upon HIM, and NOT my devotion as a Christian.  It is to call upon HIM, and NOT my good, moral obedience to the law.  

It is to call on HIS will and purpose in ALL things, and NOT my will or decision in anything!  It is to say: “I can’t save myself, YOU must save me!  This is not in my hands,
this is in YOUR hands alone!  I plead YOUR finished work!  I beg for YOUR abundant grace and mercy, through the shedding of YOUR own blood!”  

It is to believe in the heart: “Lord, I can’t even call on You unless You call on me first.”  That is calling upon the Name of the Lord.  And the word of promise to us from our Lord is, “Whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.”
 

-preacher Gabe Stalnaker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Putrid Cup of Tolerance: When Evil Poses as Progress

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!