Help, O LORD JESUS!

“The proud have digged pits for me, which are not after Thy law. All Thy commandments are faithful; they persecute me wrongfully; help Thou me” (Psalm 119:85-86). In this time of persecution from his enemies, David appealed to the only One who could help him, the God of covenant grace and mercy. He had found help of the Lord before and so the Psalmist entreated Him again. He said in Psalm 40:17, “But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: Thou art my help and my Deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.” He discovered the Word of the Lord to be his comfort in times of adversity. 

Hear what Jehovah says to His people in Isaiah 41:14. “Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the LORD, and thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.” Here we have the guarantee of the Lord, the One who redeemed us, I will help thee.” Those who have proven the faithfulness of God to His promises will tell you that they have learned that though heaven and earth shall pass away, God’s Word shall endure forever. Some of you are much older than I am, but not even Methuselah who lived 969 years ever saw, and none will ever see, God being unfaithful to His Word, defaulting on a promise or deserting His people in their time of need. When the Psalmist cried, “Help Thou me, do you suppose he was calling upon One who would refuse his request? Hear the Word of the Lord. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:15-16). 

-preacher Jim Byrd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD