Our Lord Jesus' Throne of Grace



"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." -HEBREWS 4:16 [KJV]


We are bidden to come, not to a throne of law, nor a throne of strict justice, but to a throne of grace. The words, Throne, Majesty, Power, and Omnipotence all leave me awed and frightened. But the soft gentle word Grace stirs my heart to venture near in sincerity, humility, and hope. For though there are a thousand defects in my prayers, it is a throne of grace. Though many defects in my knowledge, it is a throne of grace. Though there are so many weaknesses in my spirit, it is a throne of grace. Though my faith is so weak and dishonoring to the King, it is a throne of grace. Grace loves, grace forgives, grace abounds, grace is sufficient; and His grace is greater than all my sins.


-Gospel report by preacher Henry Mahan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD