Amazing Grace



How oft, alas, this wretched heart

Has wandered from the Lord!

How oft my roving thoughts depart,

Forgetful of His Word.


Yet sov’reign mercy calls, ‘Return!’

Dear Lord, and may I come?

My vile ingratitude I mourn!

O take this wanderer
Home!


And canst Thou, wilt Thou yet forgive,

And bid my crimes remove?

And shall a pardoned rebel live,

To speak Thy wondrous love?


Almighty grace, Thy healing pow’r

How glorious, how divine!

That can to life and bliss restore

So vile a heart as mine!


Thy pard’ning love, so free, so sweet,

Dear Savior, I adore;

O keep me at Thy sacred feet,

And let me rove no more!


-Hymn, Amazing Grace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate