A Rags to Riches Story ~ Greatly Rejoice!

“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags...” (Isaiah 64:6)

I came before God with nothing to offer Him. Even my righteousness was nothing but filthy rags. But what I could never provide for myself, Christ provided for me. He took my sin and gave me His righteousness. He took my guilt and gave me His peace. He took my poverty and made me rich in grace.

 

“For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich.” —II Corinthians 8:9

Salvation is the great exchange: my rags for His righteousness, my debt for His payment, my poverty for His riches.

 

I brought nothing to Christ but my need. He gave me everything in Himself. 

 

                         

-preacher David Eddmenson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be of Good Cheer, friends-in-Christ JESUS

Helpful Article re: BE NOT CONFORMED

Jehovah Rophi ~ The LORD our Healer!