The Fulness of Almighty GOD

“Filled with the fullness of God”  

-Ephesians 3:19 [KJV]

 

In Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians, his last request was, “That ye might be filled with all the fullness of God.”  It is said of Christ, “In Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily and you are complete (-full) in Him.”  “Of His fullness have all we received.”  Among the many blessings believers receive from God is His fullness.  Words are inadequate to describe all that means.  It can only be received by faith, because God said it in His Word.  Were it not written, we could never believe that we have been filled with all the fullness of God.  This is true of every believer without exception, “Filled with all the fullness of God.”


*****


Did Christ Finish His Work?

 

How dangerous it is to join anything of our own to the righteousness of Christ, in pursuit of justification before God!  Jesus Christ will never endure this; it reflects upon His work dishonorably.   

 

He will be All, or none, in our justification.  If He has finished the work, what need is there of our additions?  And if not, to what purpose are they?  Can we finish that which Christ Himself could not complete?  Did He finish the work, and will He ever divide the glory and praise of it with us?   

 

No no; Christ is no half-Savior.  It is a hard thing to bring proud hearts to rest upon Christ for righteousness.  God humbles the proud by calling sinners wholly from their own righteousness to Christ for their righteousness.            

 

 -preacher John Flavel (1628-1691 A.D.)

 

 *****


    When I came to Christ I had no assurance of any personal or saving interest in the death and work and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  But I knew that it was written in God’s Word, “He was made sin for us Who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.”  I knew that it was written in God’s Word, “Come unto Me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.”  So, I came to Him on the strength of His Word - on the strength of His promise.  I trusted Him - I trusted my soul to His care - on the strength of His Word - sink or swim - I go to Him.  And God spoke peace to my heart.                                             

 

-preacher Charles H. Spurgeon  (1834-1892 A.D.)


*****


    Every attribute of God was focused at the cross, and he that hath eyes to look through his tears, and see the wounds of Jesus, shall behold more of God there than a whole eternity of providence or an infinity of creation shall ever be able to reveal to him.  Well might the trembling centurion, as he watched the cross, exclaim, “Truly, this was the Son of God.”  

       

-copied

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be of Good Cheer, friends-in-Christ JESUS

Great Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 19 October, 2025 A.D.

Helpful Article re: BE NOT CONFORMED