Glorify Almighty GOD in The Fires ~ Effectual Grace Keeps Us Secure
"Glorify ye the LORD in the fires," (Isaiah 24:15).
"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you," (I Peter 4:12).
"Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through the fire and through water: but Thou broughtest us out..." (Psalm 66:10, 12).
(1) Acknowledge His providence and worship Him. At all times remember that the purpose of God is continually at work. "The LORD gave and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD," (Job 1:21).
(2) Acknowledge His wisdom. "He is righteous in all His ways, and holy in all His works," (Psalm 145:17). The Lord knows what is best for His children. "It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I might learn Thy statutes," (Psalm 119:71). "All things work together for good..." (Romans 8:28).
(3) Acknowledge His saving power and trust Him. "When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned" (Isaiah 43:2). Trials cannot really harm the elect of God. Effectual grace keeps us secure; Christ’s blood has cleansed us from our sins; we are justified by His imputed
righteousness. As Job said, "He knoweth the way that I take: when He hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold," (Job 23:10). "Glorify ye the LORD in the fires."
-preacher Jim Byrd
Audio Gospel Sermons here, friends:
https://www.sermonaudio.com/broadcasters/13thstbaptist/
Comments