This is my Confession

 

O, blessed God how kind, are all Thy ways to me

Whose dark, benighted mind, was enmity with Thee

Yet now subdued by sovereign grace

My spirit longs for Thine embrace, 

My spirit longs for Thine embrace!


How precious are Thy thoughts, that o’er my spirit roll

They swell beyond my faults, and captivate my soul

How great their sum, how high they rise

Can ne’er be known beneath the skies, 

Can ne’er be known beneath the skies!


Preserved by Jesus when, my feet made haste to hell

And there should I have gone, but Thou dost all things well

Thy love was great, Thy mercy free

Which from the pit delivered me, 

Which from the pit delivered me!



Before Thy hands had made, the sun to rule the day

Or earth’s foundation laid, or fashioned Adam’s clay

What thoughts of peace and mercy flowed

In Thy great heart of love, O God, 

In Thy great heart of love, O God!


A monument of grace, a sinner saved by blood

The streams of love I trace, up to the fountain – God 

And in His sovereign counsels see

Eternal thoughts of love to me, 

Eternal thoughts of love to me!


-Tune: “Arise My Soul, Arise”

 

 

-------0-------- 

 

 

         "This is my confession: I am a sinner, nothing else.  I have never done or thought even one truly righteous and holy thing and never can while in this mortal frame.  My only hope is God’s free grace in Christ.  My only grounds of acceptance with God is the righteousness and shed blood of Christ, the sinner’s Substitute.  The only righteousness I have is the righteousness of Christ, His obedience to God as my Substitute.  The only atonement I have for all my sin is Christ’s precious blood poured out by the sword of Divine justice at Calvary, when He who knew no sin was made sin for me.  The only holiness I have is that new man in me created by God in righteousness and true holiness, Christ Jesus."

 

-copied 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 19 October, 2025 A.D.

THE GREAT TRUMPET BLAST ~ The Joyful Sound!

JOYFUL TRUTH TO MISERABLE SINNERS ~ Take Heart, Friends