Great Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 26 August, 2026 A.D.

     "When I am enabled to see that Jesus is my portion every dispensation comes in a way of mercy.  When my heart is under the assurance that my Lord is in it, it matters not what it is. His presence alone hath the wonderful property of converting crosses and pains into enjoyments and pleasures.  Every affliction which comes directed by His hand, hath the sure mark of affection folded up within the cover; and while I sit down with tenfold pleasure to the enjoyment of the thousands of mercies which my God is continually giving me, because I behold with the eye of faith His presence at the table smiling graciously upon all, I no less am enabled, in the hour of calamity to await the issue, because I can and do hear with the ear of faith that soul-sustaining voice, “What I do thou knowest not now, but thou shalt know hereafter.”  Oh, at the sweetness of having Jesus for our portion and of living a life of faith upon the Son of God, who hath loved me, and given Himself for me!" 

-preacher Robert Hawker (1753-1827 A.D.) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 19 October, 2025 A.D.

THE GREAT TRUMPET BLAST ~ The Joyful Sound!

JOYFUL TRUTH TO MISERABLE SINNERS ~ Take Heart, Friends