God Leads Us in The Path He Ordained
In the midst of Job’s miseries, he found comfort in knowing that the Lord knew both where he was and the way that he took. Though the future is dark and unknown to us, it is a great consolation to every believer to be reminded that all the steps of life have been arranged according to the infinite wisdom of our covenant God. He Who chose me unto salvation and redeemed me by the blood of His Son, Who has declared me to be the righteousness of God in Christ, long ago determined “the way that I take.”
With unlimited knowledge, in unfathomable love and with unerring accuracy He leads me in the path He ordained. The way I must go has been marked out by my all-wise and all-caring Guide. It is true that I cannot see the path ahead, yet it is enough for me to know that my loving Father determined it. And how comforting to be assured that the fiery trials of life cannot destroy me. “I shall come forth as gold.” “The King’s daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold” (Psalm 45:13). The righteousness of Christ has been imputed to me and I cannot be destroyed, though I may often be cast into the furnace of affliction.
-preacher Jim Byrd
Comments