JESUS is Most Glorious & Precious!

When the Lord Jesus said, “It is finished.”  What was finished? The payment for sin was completed, not reduced, not negotiated, no balance remained. The demands of the law in terms of condemnation were met.  The power of death had been broken.  Finished was the whole will of God.  Nothing to add, nothing to improve, nothing to do but rest. 

- David Eddmenson

 

*****

 

When Dr. James W. Alexander was dying his wife sought to comfort him with precious words, as she quoted them to him: I know in whom I have believed.  Dr. Alexander at once corrected her by saying, “Not in whom I have believed,” but, “I know Whom I have believed.” He would not even suffer a little preposition to be between his soul and his Savior.  


*****


When Thomas Hooker was dying, one said to him, “Brother, you are going to receive the reward of your labors.”  He humbly replied, “Brother, I am going to receive mercy.”

 

*****


A friend is one to whom you never need to explain yourself, one who always puts the best construction possible upon your actions and words, one who is always ready to help.  A friend is someone who steps in when everyone else walks out.  I pray for grace to be such a friend.    - copied 


*****


  They are the happiest Christian, who have the lowest thoughts of themselves; and in whose eyes, Jesus is most glorious and precious!

        - John Newton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 19 October, 2025 A.D.

Light Rising in the Darkness: Take Heart, friends...

THE GREAT TRUMPET BLAST ~ The Joyful Sound!