A MELTING CONSIDERATION

 1. Ah! But for free and sovereign grace,
  I still had lived estranged from God,
  Till hell had proved the destined place
  Of my deserved but dread abode.
 

2. But O! Amazed, I see the hand
  That stopped me in my wild career;
  A miracle of grace I stand;
  The Lord has taught my heart to hear.
 

3. To fear His name, to trust His grace,
  To learn His will be my employ,
  Till I shall see Him face to face,
  Himself my heav’n, Himself my joy.


–Paige (1798 A.D.); L.M.; to “Hamburg” / When I Survey The Wondrous Cross

 

 -------0-------


Out of Christ's condemnation, flows our justification.
Out of His agony, comes our victory.
Out of His pain, comes our ease.
Out of His stripes, comes our healing.
Out of His gall and vinegar, comes our honey.
Out of His curse, comes our blessing.
Out of His crown of thorns, comes our crown of glory.
Out of His death, comes our life.
O what a melting consideration is this!


– John Flavel (1627-1691 A.D.), minister and author in England 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 19 October, 2025 A.D.

Light Rising in the Darkness: Take Heart, friends...

THE GREAT TRUMPET BLAST ~ The Joyful Sound!