Ask, Seek & Knock

"If ye shall ask any thing in My name, I will do it." -John 14:14 [KJV]

Is it so, blessed Jesus, that if I go to the Father in Thy precious name; my petitions shall be certainly heard, and answered? Lo, then, I come. I feel my faith and confidence emboldened in this gracious assurance. And as Thou knowest, Lord, this day, what is most suited for me, let Thy wisdom choose, and let Thy love bestow, that very grace and mercy, be it what it may. And let a throne of grace witness for me, that I seek it wholly on Christ's account. I consider it as good as given, from the high love my God and Father bears towards His dear Son, as my Surety and Saviour.  

And although in the moment that I ask with this boldness of faith, I see and know—in myself, that I have nothing to recommend me to Thy favour, as in the least meriting that favour, but much, very much, to make me an object in meriting Thy displeasure; yet looking up in Jesus, depending upon His blood and righteousness, and wholly asking in His name, and for His righteousness sake only, I am encouraged to hope that I shall not ask in vain. Oh then, Lord, hear for Jesus's sake, and let my petition and prayer be answered, that the Father may be glorified in His Son. 

-preacher Robert Hawker (1753-1827 A.D.)

December 6th, THE POOR MAN'S MORNING PORTION   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate