GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!

Unto the Lord my God I trace,

That I am saved by sovereign grace;

‘Tis with a sense of sin I see,

Naught else but grace could set me free.


‘Twas grace which e’er the world was made,

Ordained my debt of sin be paid;

What lovingkindness then was shown,

God chose me out to be His own.


Behold amazing, wondrous grace,

Christ Jesus came and took my place;

With Him the Father was well-pleased,

His bloody death God’s wrath appeased.


Grace reigns through righteousness alone,

For Jesus suffered grief unknown;

The law was fully satisfied,

When for our sins He bled and died.


Ascended high upon His throne,

Christ reigns in glory all His own;

By His resistless quick’ning grace,

By faith I now the Son embrace.


So this my song of songs shall be,

I’m saved by grace so rich and free;

Soon I shall see my Savior’s face,

And praise Him for His sovereign grace.

-TUNE TO "SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER" LM/DOUBLE
WORDS BY JIM BYRD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate