The LORD JESUS be magnified!

My times are in Thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant: save me for Thy mercies' sake.” -Psalm 31:15-16 [KJV]

Firmly believing that my times are in God's hand, I here submit myself and all my affairs for the ensuing year, to the wise and gracious disposal of God's divine providence. Whether God appoints for me health or sickness, peace or trouble, comforts or crosses, life or death, may His holy will be done! It is my earnest expectation, hope, and desire, my constant aim and endeavor that Jesus Christ may be magnified in me. In everything I have to do, my entire dependence is upon Jesus Christ for righteousness and strength.

If this should prove a year of affliction and sorrow, I will seek all my comforts from the Lord Jesus and stay myself upon Him, His everlasting consolations, and the good hope I have in Him through grace; for I cannot be condemned as long as I am in Him. God will not impute my sins unto me. And if it should be my dying year, then my times are in the hand of Christ. And with a humble reliance upon His mediation, I would venture into the eternal world looking for the blessed hope. Oh, that the grace of God in Christ may be sufficient for me.

-preacher Matthew Henry (1662–1714 A.D.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate