The Faith of Our Fathers

 Now I have found the ground wherein
My anchor, hope, shall firm remain,
The wounds of Jesus, for my sin
Are born away in the Lamb slain;
Whose mercy shall unshaken stay,
When heaven and earth are fled away.
[O grace, thou bottomless abyss,
My sins are swallowed up in thee!
Covered is my unrighteousness;
From condemnation I am free.
For Jesus’ blood, through earth and skies,
Mercy, eternal mercy, cries.]

Jesus, I know, has died for me;
Here is my hope, my joy, my rest;
Hither, when hell assails, I flee;
I look into my Savior’s breast.
Away, sad doubt and anxious fear;
Mercy and love are written there.
Fixed on this ground will I remain,
Though my heart fail and flesh decay;
This anchor shall my soul sustain,
When earth’s foundations melt away.
Mercy’s full power I then shall prove,
Loved with an everlasting love.

Tune: "Faith of Our Fathers"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate