I BELIEVE...

I believe God is sovereign in creation, providence and salvation. "Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did He in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places" (Psalm 135:6). I believe God, before the world began, chose a people in Christ unto salvation, a choice of unconditional grace. "God hath from the beginning chosen you unto salvation" (II Thessalonians 2:13). I believe that the eternal Son of God "was manifest in the flesh" (I Timothy 3:16) to "save His people" (Matthew 1:21). I believe that by His substitutionary death, Christ satisfied every demand of justice for His chosen ones thereby obtaining "eternal redemption" (Hebrews 9:12).

I believe that even as the sins of God’s elect were imputed to Christ so His justifying righteousness has been imputed to His people (II Corinthians 5:21). I believe Christ died so that God might be "a just God and a Savior" (Isaiah 45:21). I believe Christ "was raised again for our justification" (Romans 4:24) and is exalted, Lord over all (Acts 2:36). I believe God’s elect, like all mankind, are born spiritually dead in sin and the Holy Spirit, using the gospel, gives them life (James 1:18) thereby making them willing to be saved (Psalm 110:3) by "grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:24). I believe those who are effectually called to Christ, repent of their dead works, believe on Him and are kept eternally safe.

"They shall never perish" (John 10:28). I believe God’s purpose of redemption will be consummated when Christ returns, gathers His people to Himself and presents each one, body and soul, "faultless, before the presence of His glory" (Jude 1:24). I believe salvation, in its entirety, is of the Lord (Jonah 2:9). I believe all things fulfill the purpose of God and give Him glory. "For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to Whom be glory for ever. Amen" (Romans 11:36).


preacher Jim Byrd

http://www.sermonaudio.com/source_detail.asp?sourceid=13thstbaptist



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate