"KEEP ME"



Keep me as the apple of the eye, 

hide me under the shadow of Thy wings”  

- PSALM 17:8 [KJV]


Is this not the prayer of all God’s children? Knowing something of our sinfulness, weaknesses, fickleness, unbelief and tendency to roam, we constantly pray, Lord keep me. “Keep” means watch over, preserve, guard and protect. Keep me at all times. Keep me when You lead me into the valley of trial lest I be filled with hopelessness. Keep me when I ascend to successes in life lest I be filled with pride. Keep me in the time of sickness lest I be overcome with despair. Keep me in the time of health lest I be presumptuous. Keep me in the days of youth lest I waste my life in frivolity. Keep me in the days of old age when I grow weak and feeble. Keep me when I am sick. Keep me when I am well. Keep me when I rejoice. Keep me when I am sad. Keep me when I am awake. Keep me when I am asleep. Keep me when I remember Thee. Keep me when I forget Thee. Keep me when my faith is strong. Keep me when my faith is weak. Keep me when I seem to have no faith at all. Keep me no matter where I go. Keep me throughout my pilgrim journey. Keep me “looking unto JESUS, the Author and Finisher of my faith.” Keep me while You give me breath, and keep me when You take it away. O Lord, keep me forevermore.

Now, hear the words of the Lord to Jacob and know that, if you are a child of God, they are for you as well. “And, behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest” [GENESIS 28:15].


-Gospel report by preacher Jim Byrd

Thirteenth Street Baptist church of Ashland, Kentucky USA

Please find enclosed link to Audio Gospel Sermons & Contact Info:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate