The God of my Righteousness



"Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: Thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer...I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety." -PSALM 4:1, 8 [KJV]



Reader! LET US NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF THE LORD JESUS while reading this Psalm. He is the LORD our righteousness” and therefore, in all our approaches to the mercy seat, let us go there in a language corresponding to this which calls Jesus the Lord our righteousness. While men of the world, from the world are seeking their chief good, let us desire His favor which infinitely transcends corn and wine, and all the good things which perish in the using. Yes, Lord, Thy favor is better than life itself. Thou causest them that love Thee to inherit substance, and fillest all their treasure.

Oh! Thou gracious God and Father, hast Thou in such a wonderful manner set apart one in our nature for Thyself? Hast Thou indeed chosen one out of the people? Hast Thou beheld Him in the purity of His nature, ­ as one in every point Godly? Hast Thou given Him as the covenant of the people? And hast Thou declared Thyself well pleased in Him? Oh! then, well may my soul be well pleased in Him also. Now do I know that my God and Father will hear me when I call upon Him in Jesus’ name, and when I look up to Him for acceptance for Jesus’ sake! Yes, my heart is fixed, O Lord, my heart is fixed; JESUS IS MY HOPE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS; the Lord will hear me when I call. And henceforth will I both lay me down in peace and sleep securely in Jesus, accepted in the Beloved. "For this is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and THIS IS THE REFRESHING" (ISAIAH 28:12).


-Gospel report by preacher Robert Hawker (1753–1827 A.D.)

Comments

Soraya Reis said…
Oh... that is my prayer too, Brother Billy!
Thank you so much for posting.
Blessings to you and KJ.
In Hope,
Sis Soraya
Billy said…
Amen. Right on, sister Soraya. God's blessings to you and yours in South America. The LORD JESUS be magnified! Love...

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate