Weekend Gospel message to follow for All Hands (26-28OCT18)

Heads-Up --- Please find enclosed encouragement in
"SO GREAT SALVATION" by the perfect and finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ in saving poor, needy and wretched sinners by His sovereign free grace -God's unmerited favor- from their sins and from Hell:

ETERNALLY SECURE

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands; thy walls are continually before Me.” -Isaiah 49:15-16 [KJV]

This is a revelation of the Lord’s everlasting concern for and faithfulness to His chosen people; here is our eternal security. How delightful to meditate upon our Lord’s unceasing care and concern for His children. If we could by faith behold the Lord’s unending designs of grace toward us, then like Paul we would be joyful in the Lord even in the midst of dark trials and we would lean upon His word of promise, “
I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Hebrews 13:5). Pay special attention to those words, “I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands.” The text does not say that our names are painted on His hands lest we imagine they could be rubbed out and neither are our names said to be written on His hands lest we infer they might fade away with time. O what delightful, everlasting words - “I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands.” There is a blessed permanency to that statement!

I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands.” Does this not remind you of the Savior’s hands, stretched out and pierced upon the cross to redeem us from the curse of the law? Those scars are lasting reminders of His covenant love and substitutionary death which satisfied divine justice, put away sins and brought in everlasting righteousness for all of His people. Child of God, look by faith upon those blessed hands and see them “wounded for our transgressions” and be reminded of the impossibility of being forgotten by our gracious Lord. All of the blessings given to us in Christ before the world began are ours through the dear Savior Who gave His life a ransom for our sins. In Christ there is everlasting security. “My sheep hear My voice and I know them and they follow Me. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand” (John 10:27-29).


-Gospel report by preacher Jim Byrd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate