Christ’s Heirs

“Not by works of righteousness which we have done” (Titus 3:5). 

A very young believer was in deep distress. He went to his pastor, a man wise in the faith, and told him, “No matter how much I pray, no matter how hard I try to obey, I simply cannot seem to be faithful enough to my Lord. I wonder if I am truly saved.” The pastor saw his dog lying on the floor and gave the young believer the following lesson. 

“Do you see this dog? He is my dog. He is house-trained, he never makes a mess; he is obedient; he is a pure delight to me. Out in the kitchen I have a son, a baby son. He makes a mess; he throws his food around, he fouls his clothes; he is a total mess. But who is going to inherit my things? Not my dog; my son is my heir.”

If you trust in Christ, even with little faith, you are Jesus Christ’s heir because it is for you that He died and rose again. Brethren, we are heirs of Christ, not through our perfection but by HIS perfection, not by our works but by HIS grace, not by our diligence, obedience and faithfulness, but by HIS alone. Let us all strive to remember this. 
 
---Copied


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 04 October, 2023 A.D.

JESUS - Rock of Ages