The Wednesday Word - Death Swallowed Up


He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it” (Isaiah 25:8).

Notice the expression, “
swallow up”; it means to destroy or to do away with. According to this scripture, there is coming a time when death will be lost to sight.  It will be as though it had never existed. Yet there are many who are uncomfortable with the thought of it. The comedian, Woody Allen, spoke for many of us when he quipped, “I’m not afraid of death I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” But there’s coming a time when death will not have a trace remaining—there will be no sign left that there ever was such a thing! The Lord promises His people, “I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be your plagues; O grave, I will be your destruction” (Hosea 13:14).

Take it from the Lord Himself, death will be destroyed. It will meet its final destruction in Christ. Christ inaugurated this victory over death at Calvary, He will consummate it at His return (see 1 Corinthians 15:20-26).

It’s no wonder then that the Psalmist was prompted by the Spirit to exclaim,
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me ".

What will the moment of death be like?  I don’t know the details but this I know; I will not face it by myself for,
“Thou art with me”! That is enough. The Psalmist wanted nothing more than the presence of the Lord at death. We will have it too.  Listen again to Isaiah, “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you; when you walk through the fire, you shalt not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon you” (Isaiah 43:2).

Jesus said,
“My sheep . . . shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand” (John 10:28). If you are a child of God by adoption, you will always be a child of God; you can never be un-adopted. Death cannot disinherit you. Death has been swallowed up! By faith, receive this truth and death will hold no fear for you.

Likewise, if you are one of the Good Shepherd’s sheep, He says to you,
My sheep . . . shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.” Believe this and be at rest.

The gospel, when believed, brings us into rest concerning death.
Rest for time.
Rest for eternity.
Rest in light of the “judgment to come.”
Rest of conscience through the blood-shedding of Christ.
Rest of heart in the Person of Christ.

Consider the Master’s words to you: —
"Come unto Me, and I will give you rest.”

He died to secure rest for us. He died to satisfy the requirements of divine justice when nothing else would do. But, despite knowing this, do you still find yourself ill at ease at the thought of meeting God? You do? Then rest in the fact that Jesus bore your
“sins in His own body on the tree” (1 Peter 2:24).

You can rest in the fact that your sins have been purged (Hebrews 1:3).
You can rest in the fact that He has blotted out your transgressions (Isaiah 43:25).
You can rest in the fact that He will not remember your sins” (Isaiah 43:25).
You can rest on the fact that death has been swallowed up by your Saviour!

And that’s the Gospel Truth! 




-Gospel report by preacher D. G. Miles Mckee
Please find enclosed link to audio Gospel sermons & Contact Info:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD