Christ is The Way I See



With blinded eyes I thought I saw

A way to God for me.

And long I stumbled on that path,

Unable God to see.


CHORUS:

But, God in mercy came to me

And gave me sight that I might see.

There in His word revealed to me,

Christ is the Way, Christ is the Way!


I thought at first that I must go

To Moses and his law;

And in them find a starting place

But never one I saw.


I looked within my troubled heart

While searching in my care;

But all I found was sin and shame,

No way to God was there.


Then, all at once, before His
Word;

I heard a herald say,

“Behold the Lamb, the bloody Lamb

This Jesus is God’s Way!”


And even now, in unbelief,

My eyes too often stray

And wander to some earthly means

And I would fall away.



Chorus for last verse:

But, God in mercy comes to me

And gives me sight that I might see.

There in His Word reveals to me.

Christ is the Way, Christ is the Way!



-Words by preacher Gary Shepard

Hymn, The Cleansing Wave


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD