The LORD remembers



For He knoweth our frame; He
remembereth that we are dust.”-Psalm 103:14 [KJV]


I fear to even think about all the times that I have forgotten God. In the busyness of a day, in the laughter of a season of recreation, in the midst of distractions of family life, so often and in so many situations, hours without a thought concerning God. Hours without a thought of thanksgiving to Him for His goodness to me. Even long extended periods of time without any praise to Christ for His sacrifice and salvation. Oh what ungrateful wretches we are when left to ourselves! We're like the butler who remembered not Joseph.

But God be thanked, He is not like us. He remembers! He remembers His elect in Christ. How wonderful that He remembers that we are just dust! He remembers His covenant, His pledge of grace to us. “To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember His holy covenant”(Luke 1:72). He remembers poor sinners like us and remembers that Christ has died for our sins and put them away. He remembers to be just and to justly give us all things in Him.

This is my consolation, that God always remembers to be gracious. Actually, the only thing He does not remember concerning His beloved people is their sin! “And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.” (Jeremiah 31:34; Hebrews 8:12; 10:17) He remembers their sin no more because Christ's blood has made an end of it and now requires that those it was shed for never be forgotten.

Lord, I know I am often found forgetting You but I pray that You would remember me. Like the thief on the cross, “Remember me when You come into your kingdom.” The psalmist, forgetting God, cried out, “Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath He in anger shut up His tender mercies?” Then, quickened by the Spirit, he says, “This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember Thy wonders of old.” Lord, remember us and give us grace to remember You!


-Gospel report by preacher Gary Shephard



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD