Why Me, Lord?

"By the grace of God, I am what I am!" Oh, what was I, that God should set His love upon me before time; and in time to call me to the saving knowledge of His Son, Whom to know aright is life eternal? Why me, Lord? 

And what am I even now, since I have felt something of the power of His precious Gospel? Why me, Lord? What was I, what am I that I should be eternally chosen and effectually called and perfectly accepted in the Beloved? Not unto me, in the least, not unto me, but unto Your sovereign grace be all the praise! 

Oh, help me to ascribe to You the glory due to Your
great name; for I am surrounded, I am loaded with Your benefits. All Your dealings with me show forth Your loving-kindness. In temporals, as well as spirituals, I am singularly favored. Oh, let me never be allowed to rob You of Your glory, but help me to give it all where it is due, in life and death and to all eternity to Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen. "By the grace of God, I am what I am!"

-preacher Wm. Romaine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 04 October, 2023 A.D.

JESUS - Rock of Ages