The Church's One Foundation

 

‘Tis not that I did choose Thee for Lord that could not be

This heart would still refuse Thee Had’st Thou not chosen me

Thou from the sin that stained me hast cleansed and set me free

Of old Thou hast ordained me that I should live to Thee.

 

Your love had no beginning, no cause in me was found

That you should choose to save me, a sinner strongly bound

But grace not earned or sought for was purposed for my soul

For me, salvation wrought; for Christ paid the dreadful toll.

 

‘Twas sovereign mercy called me and taught my opening mind

The world had else enthralled me to heav’nly glories blind

My heart owns none before Thee for Thy rich grace I thirst

This knowing if I loved Thee, Thou must have loved me first.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 04 October, 2023 A.D.

JESUS - Rock of Ages