Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 03 May, 2024 A.D.

"I will extol thee, O LORD; for Thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.  O LORD my God, I cried unto Thee, and Thou hast healed me.  O LORD, Thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: Thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.-Psalm 30:1-3 [KJV]

Our Aim

 

Are we trying to win the favor of man or of God? Do we seek to be men-pleasers? If we are seeking the favor and approval of men, we are not the bond-serv­ants of Jesus Christ. Our aim is to be true to the Word of God, and in doing so we will be true to our hearers. 

This gospel of the free grace of God is glorifying to God and honoring to all of His excel­lent attributes; His love and mercy, His infinite wisdom, His righteous justice, and His immutable holiness. 

This gospel of the free grace of God in Christ is the only hope that sinful, corrupt men have; for if righteousness comes by any obedience to the law at all, not only did Christ die in vain, but no son of Adam has any hope of being saved.

-preacher Henry Mahan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Encouragement in Christ JESUS ~ 04 October, 2023 A.D.

JESUS - Rock of Ages