The Wednesday Word, 22 February 2023 A.D. "Christ is All I Need"

Finished For Us

by D.G. Miles McKee

For the believer, salvation has been accomplished by the doing and dying of the Lord Jesus Christ alone (see Isaiah 63:3; Hebrews 1:3). No man or angel can add anything to Him and His finished work (see Ecclesiastes 3:14). For this truth we are eternally grateful. By the way, did you know that all that Christ did was done for us? He was born for us (Isaiah 9:6). For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given;  …  He was made a curse for us (Galatians 3:13), Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"). He died for us (2 Corinthians 5:14). For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; He was wounded and bruised for us (Isaiah 53:5).“But He was wounded for our transgressions. He was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement of our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.” He was delivered for our offenses then arose and ascended to heaven for us (Romans 4:25). He will come again for us.  When He finally comes again, it will be for us.  He promised, "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” Think of it, the heir of all things, the brightness of God’s glory is coming back for us  (Hebrews 1:1-3).  Perhaps we would be well served to make these great truths personal. We should tell ourselves and confess that, although we are unworthy,
“He was made a curse for me.”
“He died for me.”
“He was bruised for me. “
“He was delivered for my offenses."
“He ascended into heaven for me.”
“He will come again for me.”Dr. H. A. Ironside recalls the story his mother told about his father’s dying hour.His mother said, "Your father had this passage running through his mind. He kept repeating it constantly. ’A great sheet and wild beasts and-and...’ He could not seem to get the next word but went back and started over. Once more he came to that same place. A friend bent over and whispered, ’John, it says "creeping things."’"’Oh, yes,’ he said, ’that is how I got in, just a poor, good-for-nothing creeping thing, but I got in … saved by grace."Dear believer, because of your failures you may feel like a good-for-nothing creeping thing but no matter how low and vile or utterly useless and corrupt you feel, we who trust in Jesus will one day take our place in Glory.  Until then, may we be enabled to say and confess from our hearts,
“He was born for me.”
“He was made a curse for me. “
“He died for me. “
“He was bruised for me.”
“He was delivered for my offenses.”
“He ascended into heaven for me.”
“He will come again for me. “ The hymn writer got it right when, concerning salvation, he wrote, Christ Is All I Need                                                                 Christ is All I NeedAll, All I Need.Christ Is All I NeedChrist Is All I NeedAll, All I Need.He Was CrucifiedFor Me He Died, On Calvary.That is why I know                                                                 That He Loves Me So,Christ Is All, All I Need.
And that’s the Gospel Truth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD