JESUS, my Glory and Salvation for ever!

"Behold, I send an angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, for my Name is in him." -Exodus 23:20, 21 [KJV]

Who can this be, my soul, but Jesus? He, and He only, who is the whole of the covenant, is also the Messenger and the Angel of the covenant. Jehovah hath never put His name in any other; neither given His honour to any other.  

But in Jesus He is eternally well pleased, and hath given all things into His hand. Pause then, my soul, and contemplate this holy, this blessed, this only-begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. I see in Him all the glory, the sovereignty, the wisdom, grace and goodness of the Father, and He is Jehovah's salvation to the ends of the earth. And wilt Thou then, my gracious God and Father, send Jesus before me in all my way, to keep me, to guide me, and to bring me in, to behold Thy glory in the face of Jesus Christ, and to dwell with Thee for ever?  

Oh Lord Jesus! I would desire grace so to beware of Thee, so to love Thee, so to obey Thee, so to adore Thee, so to make Thee my all in all, my life, my love, my joy, my present, my everlasting hope and portion, that in life and death, in time and to all eternity, Jesus may be my glory and salvation for ever and ever. 

-preacher Robert Hawker (1753-1827 A.D.) 

November 24th, THE POOR MAN'S MORNING PORTION 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate