The Gospel Trumpet goes forth: Flee to Christ JESUS today!

"For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of; for 

necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel." -I Corinthians 9:16 [KJV]

The most humbling and challenging thing I face, the great concern of my heart is that my generation experience a return to the preaching of the gospel of God's glory. We are plagued today with a gospel of works, a religion of form and ceremony, a zeal for God but not according to knowledge (Romans 10:2).
I pray for a return to the message God was pleased to use in other days to awaken sinners to their need for mercy; that message that reveals the redemptive glory of God in Christ; that message that humbles the proud Pharisee and gives hope to the chief of sinners. If God is pleased to restore that message men will once again sense the awesome Holy presence of the Living God. Gone will be the voice of the proud sinner who inwardly debates whether he will "accept Jesus" or reject Him. Gone will be the haughty spirit that refuses to bow to the Lordship of Christ. Gone will be the bragging of the religionist who boasts of his "righteousness" and what he has done for God.

Once again we may hear men cry,
"Depth of mercy, can there be mercy still reserved for me, can my God His wrath forbear and me the chief of sinners spare?" It may be that we will hear someone ask, "And can it be that I should gain and interest in the Savior's blood?" I know not what course others may take, but I am determined to put forth every effort to preach that gospel every time I step into the pulpit. "For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of; for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel" (I Corinthians 9:16)!


-preacher Henry Mahan, 1982 A.D.

https://www.sermonaudio.com/source_detail.asp?sourceid=mahan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate