GOD IS WELL PLEASED IN HIS BELOVED SON!

 "And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." -Matthew 3:17 [KJV]

The message of God’s glorious Gospel is found in these amazing words that God spoke one day from His heavenly throne. “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” God is well pleased with His beloved Son! This is the sinner’s only hope of redemption.

God is angry with the wicked every day (Psalm 7:11)! Yet the Holy Father is not only pleased, but He is WELL PLEASED with His beloved Son. There has never been a time that God was not well pleased with the Lord Jesus Christ. Before the beginning of time, He has always been by Him, brought up with Him and was daily His delight (Proverbs of Solomon 8:30).

This is the message from God that gives hope and life to the helpless and lost. God is well pleased with His precious Son. God can never be pleased with sinful men and women in their works of self-righteousness. But God is well pleased with Christ. This is why I must have Him! This is why I must be found in Him. In Him we find the only place where God can be well pleased with us.

God the Son voluntarily was MADE in the likeness of men, MAKING Himself of no reputation and TAKING on the form of a servant, yet having no sin Himself (Philippians 2:7). “God hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (II Corinthians 5:21). And when the wrath, judgment, and justice of God was exhausted on Christ at Calvary as the one sacrifice for His people’s sin forever, God said, “I am well pleased.” With Him as my Substitute, I am, in Him, perfectly holy and righteous. Not holy and righteous as men describe it, but holy and righteous as God Himself. My union with Him is such, that if God is well pleased with His beloved Son, then He is also now well pleased with me.

So let me ask you dear sinner, are you well pleased with the Lord Jesus Christ? If God gives you eyes to see that in Him is the ONLY place where God can be well pleased with you, you too will be well pleased with Him.

-preacher David Eddmenson


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate