The Sovereign Power of God's Grace!



What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” -ROMANS 8:31 [KJV]

What a testimony to the sovereign power of God’s grace. Nothing can prove a hindrance to the all-powerful grace of Jehovah! If God be for a man, nothing shall stop God from saving that man. “Yes, this is true,” say some, “providing the man is willing to be saved.” What! You mean to say that a grace so powerful that the gates of hell cannot prevail against it, a love so powerful that not anything created – neither angel nor Satan, neither death nor life, neither present nor future – can withstand His determination, can, nonetheless, be halted by the stubborn will of a sinful man? Such a thought is laughable on the very face of it. My will cannot so much as stop a virus from making me miserable with the flu! Shall I then stop the living God from doing anything He wants to do?

It is only the puffed-up arrogance of sinful man that accounts his will of any effect. Many times, my foolish will has worked against my eternal soul. But God was for me and overrode my will. Even though I would not, He would; and His grace prevailed in all things (including my will) to work them together for my eternal salvation. Truly, if God be for a man, who can prevail against him? It would require prevailing against God!


-Gospel report by preacher Joseph Terrell

Grace Community church of Rock Valley, Iowa USA

Please find enclosed link to audio Gospel sermons & Contact Info:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate