ON WHOM DO YOU TRUST?



“…now on whom dost thou trust, that thou rebellest against me?” -ISAIAH 36:5 [KJV]
 

Here is a question for you and for me; On whom do you trust?

Reader, this is an important question. Listen to the Christian’s answer, and see if it is yours.

On whom do you trust?

I trust, says the Christian, in the triune God of Scripture!

I trust the Father, believing that He has chosen me from before the foundation of the world. I trust Him to provide for me in His providence, to teach me, to guide me, to correct me if need be, and to bring me home to His own house where the many mansions are!

I trust the Son. The man Christ Jesus—is also the true God. I trust in Him as my Redeemer—to take away all my sins by His atoning sacrifice, and to adorn me with His perfect righteousness. I trust Him to be my Intercessor, to present my prayers and desires before His Father’s throne. I trust Him to be my Advocate at the last great day, to plead my cause, and to justify me. I trust Him ...for what He is, for what He has done, and for what He has promised yet to do!

I trust the Holy Spirit. He has begun to save me from my inbred sins; I trust Him to finally drive them all out. I trust Him ...to curb my debased temperament, to subdue my stubborn will, to enlighten my darkened understanding, to check my evil passions, to comfort my despondency, to help my spiritual weakness, to provide my spiritual nourishment, to reign in me as my loving King, to sanctify me wholly, and then to take me up to dwell forever in glory!

Oh, blessed trust! To trust Him ...whose power will never be exhausted, whose love will never wane, whose kindness will never change, whose faithfulness will never fail, whose wisdom will never be confounded, and whose perfect goodness can never know a diminution!

Happy are you, reader, if this trust is yours! So, trusting, you shall enjoy sweet peace now, and glory hereafter! The foundation of your trust shall never be removed!


-Gospel report by preacher C.H. Spurgeon
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD