MY STANDING IN CHRIST



There is not a just man upon the earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.” -ECCLESIASTES 7:20 [KJV]


The word “just” means righteous. While the Lord’s people are righteous in Christ, yet not even a justified person “doeth good and sinneth not.” All believers realize our sinfulness, therefore we ask for fresh supplies of pardoning grace [I JOHN 1:9]. While the reality of our wretchedness is ever before us, we rejoice in the deliverance of sin by the sacrifice of Christ which is the sole basis upon which God remains just and justifies the ungodly.

It is painfully true that, “in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing” [ROMANS 7:18] and therefore nothing good can come forth from me. However, it is also wonderfully true that I am accepted and declared to be the righteousness of God in Christ [II CORINTHIANS 5:21]. As my sins were imputed to Him so His righteousness has been imputed to me. I still mourn my sins, but I must not sink into despair as though there were no hope.

Let me rise from remorse to rejoice in my Savior Who satisfied all the requirements necessary for my salvation. I praise Christ Who “loved me and gave Himself for me” [GALATIANS 2:20]. The Father is well pleased with Him, and with me because of Him.


-Gospel report by preacher Jim Byrd

Thirteenth Street Baptist church of Ashland, Kentucky USA

Please find enclosed link for audio Gospel sermons & Contact Info:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD