Are You Patient?



"I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD." -PSALM 40:1-3 [KJV]

When we consider this Psalm there are several things that are brought to mind:

1). What a privilege and blessing to be enabled to patiently wait on the Lord our God to bless us in His good and sovereign time [PSALM 27:14], His blessings are worth waiting for [EPHESIANS 1:3; I CORINTHIANS 1:30]. David said in another Psalm, "my times are in Thy hand" [PSALM 31:15].

2). We see what some of these blessings are; "He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay" with His precious blood and power He redeemed us from the horrible pit of total ruin, sin, and death in Adam [JOB 33:24; ROMANS 5:12; EPHESIANS 1:7].

3). The Lord has also set and established us upon a solid foundation in Jesus Christ, "set my feet upon a rock," the "Rock of Ages" [ISAIAH 28:16; I PETER 2:1-7].

4). The Lord has established our coming and our goings, "…and established my goings." We give thanks that our steps are ordered by His wise and sovereign providence [PSALM 37:23; EPHESIANS 4:11-14].

5). The Lord has implanted in us a spirit of rejoicing in the Lord [PHILIPPIANS 3:3], we sing a new song of continual praise to Him, "…He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God." [PSALM 40:3]. "...and hast redeemed us to God by Thy blood" [REVELATION 5:9-14].

We see once again that our salvation is of the Lord. He brought me up, He set me up, He kept me going and He also tuned me up with the new song of grace. Our prayer should always be, "Thank you Lord for saving my soul, thank you Lord for making me whole, thank you Lord for giving to me Thy rich salvation so full and free."


-Gospel report by preacher Tom Harding

Zebulon Grace church of Pikeville, Kentucky USA

Please find enclosed link to Audio Gospel Sermons & Contact Info:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD