The Effects of Trials


It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn Thy statutes.” -PSALM 119:71 [KJV]

Have you ever noticed how believers who have been SEVERELY tried under the hand of God become more CAUTIOUS and HUMBLE? They do not speak quite so fast as they used to speak; they do not have a ready solution for every problem; they do not boast of what they HAVE done, WILL do, or WOULD do under certain circumstances; they are not quite so critical of others who fail; they have little to say about their own doings and much to say about the wonderful grace of our Lord. Afflictions and trials have a way of MELLOWING believers and creating a certain character which cannot be mistaken or imitated. David wrote in Psalm 119:71, “It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn…”


-Gospel report by preacher Henry T. Mahan
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate