My standing and my life



My standing before God is in no way affected by how I live my life. I am justified by God’s grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. I stand forever blessed in the Savior Whose blood secured my pardon and Whose impeccable righteousness has been imputed to me. God sees no sin in me for He sees me in His Son Who was manifested to take away my sin by His substitutionary, sacrificial death. By God’s sovereign appointment, I am "in Him," and being "in Him," I have no sin (see I JOHN 3:5). "In Him" I am always accepted.

Having established that, let me also say this. While my standing before God is in no way affected by the way I live my life, yet, the way I live my life IS affected when I am taught by the Holy Spirit of my perfect standing in Christ. I have been brought to love His gospel, submit to His Lordship, seek His will and bow to His authority. While it is true that I fail miserably in doing these things perfectly, yet I endeavor to walk in this world in a manner that reflects favorably upon my Lord, His gospel and His church. I want my motives to always be for the glory of God. I want my attitude, words and deeds to be honoring to Him and beneficial to those around me. I desire to be a godly man, a man of exemplary character. I look forward to the day when I will be done with this horrible monster of sin that afflicts me and mars all that I do.

Every child of God desires to adorn the doctrine of God our Savior by our attitude and deeds. We want to do His revealed will, to glory only in the Lord and to rejoice in Him always. As we make our pitiful attempts to do these things, let us ever be mindful of and thankful for our Redeemer in Whom we have always been accepted. While our standing before God does indeed affect our lives, our lives in no way affect our standing. In Christ we are justified for time and eternity.


-Gospel report by preacher Jim Byrd

Thirteenth Street Baptist church of Ashland, Kentucky USA
Audio Gospel Sermons and Contact Information here:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate