My Times



"My times are in Thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me. Make Thy face to shine upon Thy servant: save me for Thy mercies’ sake.” -PSALM 31:15-16 [KJV]


I give grateful praise to the Lord that all of life’s experiences are in His hand. "My times" are not in my hand, my enemies’ hand nor the hand of my friends. Everything that will happen to me is under the sovereign, absolute control of my heavenly Father.

1. The time of my birth was in His hand. My earthly sojourn began at the moment God ordained.

2. The time of my second birth was in His hand. When it pleased the Lord, He Who gave me physical life gave me spiritual life through His gospel. I was made alive by effectual mercy, which life was evidenced by repentance of dead works and false religion and belief of the Lord Jesus Christ. I was brought to trust His blood and righteousness and made content to be saved by pure grace with no contribution on my part.

3. The times of delight and the times of trouble are in His hand. The joyful times and the sorrowful times, the moments of happiness as well as pain, the times of prosperity as well as need and the times of health and sickness are all in His hand.

4. The time of my death is in His hand. As the Lord said to Israel, (EXODUS 23:26), so I am immortal until my wilderness journey is completed. At that very moment my soul will leave this body, by whatever means He has determined, and take its flight into the presence of the Lord my Righteousness.

In short, all my times are appointed, decreed, ordained and governed by God my Savior. What a comforting, soul-thrilling fact this is to me and to all of the Lord’s people. Let this blessed truth soothe our hearts as we continue our pilgrimage through this world.


Gospel report by preacher Jim Byrd

Thirteenth Street Baptist church of Ashland, Kentucky USA

Audio Gospel Sermons and Contact Information here ---


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD