The Confession of Sinners Saved



I confess
That I am a great sinner, but Jesus is an even greater Saviour. (
Ephesians 2: 8-9).

I confess
That I need a Saviour and that Jesus is the Saviour I need (
2 Timothy 1:10).

I confess
I am guilty, prone to wander but, by the Gospel, I am justified freely by His grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (
Romans 3:24).

 
I confess
I had ruined myself by sin, and, apart from grace, I would stand exposed to divine retribution. But I rejoice in the Gospel because by the Gospel I continually learn that Jesus was made (
reckoned) sin for me, that I might be made (reckoned) the righteousness of God in Him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

I confess
I am now a child of God. Because of the Gospel, I am made alive, adopted, justified, accepted, and clothed in righteousness.
"God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Galatians 6:14).

 
I confess
I have been raised from spiritual death. Spiritually speaking, my filthy garments of sin are taken off and new robes of righteousness, white, clean and beautiful, put on (
Zechariah 3:3-4, Isaiah 61:10).

I confess
Now that I am saved, I will
set my affection on things above where Christ is (Colossians 3: 2). He is precious. I will purpose to enjoy Him today and every day.

I confess
That Jesus is with me 24 hours per day for He said,
"I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world" (Matthew 28:20). Even when I neglect to seek Him, even when I don´t think of Him, He is with me. He is the Master of all grace. I am continually with Him. I cannot be where He is not. There is no separation (Romans 8:38-39).

I confess
That I am,
"Kept by the power of God" (1 Peter 1:5). I cannot keep myself. The pull of the world the flesh and the devil are too strong for me. But I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.

"I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about" (Psalm 3:6).

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27: 1).

He will keep me unto salvation.

I confess
The Lord has promised that
in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me” (Psalm 27: 5). In the time of danger, He will hide me in His dwelling place and defend me. He will situate me in a place inaccessible to my enemies.

I confess
That God Himself is with me as my Captain
(2 Chronicles 13:12). As you lead me Oh Lord, I acknowledge that You are in charge.

I confess
I have a High Priest
Who can be touched with the feeling of my infirmities (Hebrews 4:15). Lord Jesus, you know about my sickness and sorrow. You stand in my shoes. You understand the struggles that come as a part of this wretched human condition.

I confess
That
in Thee, Lord, “do I put my trust" (Psalm 16:1). I have no one else to trust. Whom can I trust with my eternal destiny but You? You have promised eternal life to Your sheep. You have died in my place and risen from the grave. I put my trust in You.

I confess
That
You are coming back for me (John 14:3). There is a soon coming day that is called the Day of the LORD. My hope is centered in You Lord Jesus, the God-man. Thy Kingdom Come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

And that´s the Gospel Truth!


-Gospel report by preacher D. G. Miles McKee of Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin, Ireland
Contact information and encouraging Gospel messages here: http://www.milesmckee.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD