Not Without Blood



And He said unto them, This is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.” -Mark 14:24 [KJV]


What a thought to be justified in the sight of the holy God, to have every vestige of sin and pollution washed away. I awoke during the night with that thought. Our Lord has a special way of blessing during the nighttime hours. Here I am on the edge of eternity, and the Almighty Creator waits with a welcome. You top that, brother! I am in God's purpose as the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. Then the words came to me; "Not without blood." I own the blood! I confess the blood! As I age may God by His amazing grace take away any vestige of hope I might have in anything but the "precious blood of Christ as of a Lamb without blemish and without spot" (I Peter 1:9).

I've heard men say, "Well, I just want peace as I grow old." I do too! "Not without blood." It will be a bloody peace or none at all. "And having made PEACE through the blood of His cross" (Colossians 1:20). That high priest in Hebrews 9:7, who went into the very presence of God Himself, went in with one thought in mind; that if he went in "without blood" it was sure death. I come into the presence of the Almighty with the same thought. Whatever else is involved, I cannot come "without blood", for the wrath of God awaits any who come "without blood." Yes, Lord, I agree! Give me grace to come to you in the crimson flow of the bloody Christ, the only Redeemer of sinners.”


-Gospel report by preacher Jack Shanks, former pastor of Laird Street Baptist Church who went to be with his Lord on April 7th, 2012 A.D., but not "without the blood"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD