Three Comforting Truths



There is not a day that goes by, but what I don’t think about and thank God for these three truths that speak peace and comfort to my soul.

1. The substitutionary sacrifice of Christ. The Son of God humbled Himself, took my place, died my death, paid my debt, bore my sin away, brought in everlasting righteousness for me, fulfilled every demand of divine law for me and ever lives as my Advocate, Mediator and Intercessor. Of all the truths I have ever learned, the gospel of Christ, of finished, accomplished redemption is the most blessed! God graciously accepts me, forgives all my sins and declares me to be righteous, not at the expense of His justice, but with its full approval through Christ and His work of reconciliation. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather that is risen again...” (Romans 8:34).

2. The absolute sovereignty of God in salvation. In old eternity the Lord chose me in Christ and then made the world and all things in it as the stage upon which He would bring His saving purpose to pass. Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you (John 15:18). He rules in the armies of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth and nobody can hinder the salvation of those who were ordained to eternal life. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy” (Romans 9:15).

3. The unerring providence of God. The Lord is directing everything to the end He appointed in order to accomplish His decree of salvation. In a wise and orderly manner, God governs the universe, executing the counsel of His own will. I am assured, therefore, that whatever happens to me, my family, this church and the world is according to His purpose, for His glory, and He is causing all things to work together for my spiritual good (Romans 8:28). The providential rule of God is such a comforting truth to His people that His servants are commanded to say unto Zion, Thy God reigneth” (Isaiah 52:7).


-Gospel report by preacher Jim Byrd


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate