THE GLORY OF GOD's GRACE!



"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."

-Ephesians 2:8-9 [KJV]


Salvation -beginning to end- is by God's grace. God elected a people unto salvation by grace, the very opposite of works (Romans 11:5-6). It was grace that abounded over sin and reigns through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord (Rom. 5:20-21). The stewardship of every God-sent preacher is a "dispensation of the grace of God" (Ephesians 3: 2-8). The gospel we preach is "the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20:24). We are "justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Rom. 3: 24).

We are called by God's grace (Galatians 1: 15). It is "grace wherein we stand" (Rom. 5:2). Believers are what we are by the grace of God (I Cor. 15:10). So what is grace? Let me have your undivided attention. Grace is God's glory! When Moses asked to see God's glory, first, God said, "I will make all My goodness pass before thee.” God's goodness is His glory. Then, God said, "I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee.” God's name is His glory. Lastly, God said, "and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy." God's grace is His glory (Exodus 33:19).

All who add their wisdom, will or works attempt to rob God of His glory. God says,
"My glory will I NOT give to another, neither My praise to graven images" (Isaiah 42:8). But those saved apart from any merit in us glory that salvation is of the Lord, "to the praise of the glory of His grace" (Ephesians 1: 6).


-Gospel report by preacher Clay Curtis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate