The Almighty Power and Free Grace of God in the Salvation of sinners!



The grand controversy between corrupt nature and the Almighty is, Who shall have the glory of salvation, God or the creature? The pride of man says – “The glory of salvation is due to me, for I can save myself.” But Jehovah takes the glory of salvation to Himself, and says –“I will have all the glory thereof; for it is by My sovereign and efficacious grace that men are saved.” Thus pride is a principal cause of the enmity there is in the carnal mind against God; it is at the bottom of all the opposition made to those doctrines of Scripture which illustrate and advance THE ALMIGHTY POWER AND FREE GRACE OF GOD IN THE SALVATION OF SINNERS.


Gospel report by preacher Augustus Toplady (1740–1778 A.D.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD