COMPLETE IN CHRIST JESUS, “The LORD our righteousness!”

I know and believe that I am a child of God, yet in my flesh dwells no good thing. While it is true that sin still abounds in me, it is also true that grace much more abounds through the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 5:20). He is my righteousness, though I am full of unrighteousness; He is my goodness, though I am thoroughly evil. His riches stand for my poverty and His mercy for my misery. I am indeed corrupt in myself, but perfect in my Savior.

Since I know that if I look within I will find no cause for rejoicing, I will look instead by faith upon that One who of God is made unto me “Wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification and redemption” (I Corinthians 1:30) and I will rejoice in Him. I am assured from the Book of God that “I am complete in Him” (Colossians 2:10). In Christ I am liberally supplied with all I need; I am filled to total fullness with everything that is required to enable me to stand acceptably before an infinitely holy God forevermore.


-copied


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate