Storms



Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept (regarded, taken heed to) Thy Word” (Psalm 119:67). “It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn Thy statutes” (Psalm 119:71). “I know, O LORD, that Thy judgments are right, and that Thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me” (Psalm 119:75). In seasons of severe trial, the Christian has nothing on earth that he can trust to and is therefore compelled to cast himself on God alone. When no human deliverance can avail, he must simply and entirely trust himself to the providence and care of God. Happy storm that wrecks a man on such a Rock as this!

O blessed hurricane that drives the soul to God, and to God alone! When a man is so poor, so friendless, so helpless that he has nowhere else to turn, he flies into his Father’s arms, and is blessedly clasped therein! When he is burdened with troubles so pressing and so peculiar that he cannot tell them to any but his God, he may be thankful for them; for he will learn more of his Lord then, than at any other time. Oh, tempest-tossed believer, it is a happy trouble that drives you to your Father!


-Gospel report by preacher Charles Spurgeon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

God ordained Authority: Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate