A prayer for Mercy

"God of everlasting glory, 

Hear this poor and needy soul;

Grant to me Thy great salvation,
 
Come and make this sinner whole.
 
Manifest Thy loving kindness,
 
For Thy mercy I apply;
 
Meet my need and heal my spirit,
 
Or this sinful soul will die.


In Thy holy Word ‘tis written,
 
That for sinners Jesus died;
 
And His sacrifice on Calv’ry,
 
All Thy justice satisfied.
 
When the Savior paid their ransom,
 
He redeemed Thy family;
 
Look upon the righteous Savior,
 
And show mercy Lord to me.


By the grace of Thine own Spirit,
 
To the Savior I will flee;
 
Jesus blood and His obedience,
 
Shall be all this sinner’s plea.
 
Only Christ alone can save me,
 
I shall live at His command.
 
In His garments of salvation,
 
Pure before Thy throne I stand."

 
-Tune, "COME THOU FOUNT" 8.7.8.7. double
WORDS BY JIM BYRD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD