What Blood was that!



Very specially has my Beloved been to me today­ as the suffering Lord of glory.  Oh, what blood was that---what rich, rich drops flowed for vile, unworthy me.

Oh,
what condescension!

What unutterable love!

My soul wonders and adores!

“He shall see of the travail of His soul, and shall be satisfied” (Isaiah 53:11a). 

And His spouse shall see somewhat of His soul-travail for her, and be satisfied with His love and favor.  That YOU, immaculate Lamb, should be bruised and wounded for my sake----is overwhelming indeed.

I long to fall at YOUR dear feet, and confess myself a trophy of redeeming love----a miracle of YOUR saving grace and cleansing blood.


-excerpt from the diary of sister Ruth Bryan (1805-1860 A.D.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHRIST OUR ONLY AND PERFECT RIGHTEOUSNESS

Incoming GOOD NEWS!

3 LIES ABOUT GOD & 3 TRUTHS ABOUT GOD